VHS tapes, anyone? Twenty years ago, they were the most popular way to watch movies. That’s how long it’s been since the URLA changed! The new, redesigned form will be available beginning January 1, 2021. Now is the time to prepare for the transition and learn the new form’s capabilities and data collection fields. Get onboard! The 2021 train is barreling down the tracks.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand all five sections of the new URLA
- Identify the new data collection fields on the revised form
- Perform calculations using the form’s built-in capabilities
- Recognize enhancements designed to aid in form completion
- Properly capture information on multiple applicants
- Utilize the form’s dynamic capabilities (What’s expandable! What’s collapsible!)
- Customize procedures and policies to guide staff during URLA completion
- Develop exercises to familiarize lenders and loan processors with the URLA layout
The optional use date of the redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) has been changed several times, but it’s officially available for use beginning January 1, 2021! Mortgage lending staff should prepare now to implement this form for all mortgage applications taken in the new year, prior to the required use date for mortgage loans that will be sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Even if your institution does not sell mortgage loans, it is very likely that your loan origination system will be updated with the new URLA. Get a jump on 2021 by becoming familiar with the form’s layout and how to complete each of the five sections.
This session will take a deep dive into when each section should be completed and include a detailed discussion of the data collection points throughout the application. Learn exercises and completion tips to help staff smoothly transition to the new form - which hasn’t changed in over 20 years! This webinar will ensure you are ready to roll with the new URLA for your first 2021 mortgage loan application!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan origination and closing staff, mortgage quality control staff, underwriters, auditors, compliance personnel, and anyone who completes or relies on information documented on the URLA.
- Cheat sheet to determine loan purpose for the URLA, TRID, and HMDA
- Quick tips for completing forms
- Exercises to enhance lender training sessions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Branan Cooper, Venminder
Branan Cooper is the Chief Risk Officer at Venminder. He has over 25 years’ experience in the financial industry with a focus on the management of internal processes and controls – most notably in third-party risk and operational compliance. Branan joined Venminder from Bancorp Bank where he was senior VP and Director of Third-Party Risk Management. He has held similar positions with PartnersFirst, the credit card division of Western Alliance Bancorp, and at MBNA America. A frequent speaker at industry events, Branan received his Bachelor’s from Duke University and completed the Graduate School of Retail Bank Management and the ABA’s Graduate School of Compliance Management.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax