Being a notary public is a responsibility assumed by many financial institution employees. Unfortunately, most do not understand the personal liability when agreeing to serve in this capacity. Notaries and others will learn best practices for dealing with issues unique to the financial industry. Help your team know their responsibilities, plus learn basic laws, liability, and reviews of various notarial acts.
- Basic Notary Public laws
- Responsibilities of a Notary Public
- Conflicts of interest
- What happens when the law and the employer don't agree
- Different types of notarial acts
- Notarial liability and why notaries are sued
Who Should Attend:
Managers, supervisors, and notaries, as well as potential new notaries.
"Great job! Thank you so much for creating an informative AND interesting legal training. That's a rare thing to come across! We really enjoyed it!" – Brittney D, City Bank - Lubbock, TX
Terri D. Thomas is Senior VP and Legal Department Director for the Kansas Bankers Association. Prior to this, she was with "Bankers Choice," a financial consulting firm. Before this, Terri was employed in the financial industry for over twenty-three years in various capacities. Most notably, she served for fourteen years as in-house legal counsel and trust officer for Bank of America and its Kansas predecessors. Receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Kansas State University in 1985, Terri continued her education at Washburn University School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988.
Previously, she served as an adjunct instructor at Washburn University School of Law and the University of Kansas School of Law and is a frequent presenter for banking schools and financial associations.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395