Opening Complicated Business Accounts – Multiple Tiers
Today’s business structure environment is very complex. You will open many types of business accounts with multiple layers of ownership. This program will focus on different structures and common errors. When is an account a “dba” and when is it disregarded? When is it an agent and when is it a sole proprietorship? There are many mistakes made by financial institutions because of lack of understanding of business structures.
- Sole Proprietorship with trust as owner
- Corporation with a dba
- Partnership with LLCs as partners
- LLC with single member as a person
- LLC with single member as a business
- LLC with multiple members who are both people and businesses
- How do we drill down?
- How do we get beneficial owners and controlling person?
- What if the customer lies?
- What if the customer’s business structure changes? Is sold? Is dissolved?
- What happens in the business when a principal dies?
Who Should Attend?
New Accounts, Personal Bankers, Loan Officers, Branch Managers, Training, head tellers, supervisors, branch administration and compliance.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- Live Plus Five (days) – $265
- OnDemand Recording – $295
- CD-ROM – $345
- Live Plus Six (months) – $365
- Premier Package – $395