Is your customer a business from the UK? China? Mexico? What do you need to open the account? The world is getting small and the risk is getting greater. How do you “know” your foreign customer? Practical suggestions for a ever expanding customer base.
During this program we will take a look at the international business scene. Some businesses are operating in the US and may register with the Secretary of State and some just have bank accounts. Learn how to distinguish between those who file at SOS and those who don’t. What paperwork you can require and what you can’t. Look at the high risk of shell companies and flow through funds from overseas trust and businesses.
- Understanding how to open foreign business accounts
- What paperwork do you need?
- What is Customer Identification Program requirements?
- What are beneficial ownership requirements?
- How to complete the W-8BENE
- Documenting and opening businesses from foreign countries
- Look at some specific countries—Mexico, China, Canada and More
Who Should Attend?
Personal Bankers, New Accounts, Universal Bankers, Audit & Internal Controls, Bank Secrecy Act and AML, Compliance, Compliance Management and Auditing, Deposit Operations, eCompliance, New Accounts, OFAC, Operations, Operations Compliance, Risk Management, Security, Technology.
About the Presenter
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395