Opening New Accounts Part III: Fiduciary, Trust, Minor, and Court Ordered Accounts
This is part III of a three-part series to be held on November 1, 2, and 3. The price below is just for part III.
An individual identifying themselves as a “fiduciary” wanting to open an account on behalf of the estate of a deceased individual, minor child, incapacitated individual, or formal trust can create much angst, mainly because the funds’ owner is often absent. This two-hour webinar answers critical questions and concerns regarding documentation and compliance regulations when opening accounts for trustees, personal representatives, and fiduciaries.
Formal, Informal, Revocable, Irrevocable, Minor Custodial Accounts, Court Ordered Accounts – what does it all mean? It never fails to raise the panic level when someone dumps a binder full of legal documents on your desk and requests to open a revocable living trust, estate account, or an account for an incapacitated person! This two-hour webinar will delve into the responsibilities of collecting appropriate documentation, providing ownership options, titling accounts correctly, and allowing proper access to Trust, Fiduciary, Minor, and Court Ordered accounts not only during lifetime but at the death of a signer.
What You’ll Learn
- Defining Trustee, Personal Representative, and a Fiduciary’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Proper Account Titling
- Formal vs. Informal Trust Comparison
- Key Questions to Ask When Setting Up Trust Accounts
- Six Pieces of Required Information for All Trust Accounts
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trust Accounts Comparison
- Payable on Death (POD)
- Different Types of Accounts, Including Minor Accounts, Estate Accounts, Guardianship/Conservator Accounts, Social Security
- Representative Payee Accounts, and Veteran’s Affairs Fiduciary Accounts
Who Should Attend?
Customer contact personnel, supervisors, and officers whose responsibilities include opening or managing new accounts. Personal Bankers, BSA Officers, Deposit Operations, Branch Administration, CIP Managers, Training and Business Development Officers, Internal Auditors, and Compliance Officers will find the information beneficial. Lending assistants and officers will find the information informative as well.
With over 40 years of banking experience, Suzie Jones has a reputation as being extremely knowledgeable and high-energy with a unique ability to take technical information and make it interesting and applicable. After 22 years, Jones recently retired as an Executive Vice President from a large regional bank where she provided overall leadership and risk management to the $11B Investments Division. For decades, Jones opened new accounts, managed new account teams, and provided hands-on input and leadership to the AML and BSA Committees within the bank. Jones has a passion for sharing technical knowledge and lessons learned to provide risk management and promote excellence in the workplace. She partners nationally with individual banks, credit unions, private companies, small boutique firms, and provides training for 13 state bank associations.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person