We patch outdated operating systems, vulnerable software programs, and firmware on hardware devices, but how do we patch people? Hardware and software programs generally do as they are instructed, but people do not and can easily fall victim to social engineering attacks. Education and training can be our process to patch our people. During our session, we will explore traditional ways education has been deployed and look to improve those processes with more advanced and effective methods of patching our people. We will also look at best practices for addressing similar issues with business customers and highlight common educational practices.
One major objective of this session is to highlight the need for continual educational programs for people. Historically, we have trained people for an hour, every 365 days. Now compare this to patching our IT systems, some do that monthly. A continual educational program will enable better decision making by employees, board members, and customers every day. Ensuring continual reminders and awareness to critical banking issues.
- Employee, Board, and Customer training models
- Weaknesses in compliance based approach to education
- Implementing a risk based approach
- Building an effective policy
- Key elements of improved security awareness and training programs
- Integration with social engineering test
Who Should Attend:
Information Security Officer, IT Manager, Risk Officer, Internal Auditor, and Executives looking to understand the risk around Social Engineering and how to mitigate people risk.
Jeff Dice is a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) with SBS CyberSecurity, LLC, a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm dedicated to making a positive impact on the banking and financial services industry. Jeff has 10 years of experience in Financial Services, and 5 years of IT Auditing and Consulting experience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395