Prepping for the Proposed Interagency CRA Rule
It’s been 27 years since the federal bank regulatory agencies overhauled the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations. On May 5, 2022, after several false starts over recent years, the agencies issued a proposal to strengthen and modernize regulations implementing the CRA. The proposal features several significant revisions and will likely become final in 2023.
The proposed regulations include major changes from the current regulations. Join us to review the agencies’ new proposed rule, with comparisons to the existing and prior proposed rules, and begin planning for the implementation of the rules once final.
The new regulations will be effective on the first day of the first calendar quarter that begins at least 60 days after the publication date of the final rules. The effective dates for certain sections are delayed for one or two years after publication of the final rule.
What You’ll Learn
- A comprehensive review of the rapidly changing requirements of the CRA
- An understanding of how different sized banks are evaluated, either by thresholds, ratings, or a combination
- The key definitions of assessment areas and how to address each type
- A solid grasp of how the agencies use different performance tests and standards to assess a bank’s CRA performance, and which tests apply to each type of institution
- Insight into how data collection and reporting comes into play
- A detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after you’ve completed the program
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, CRA officers, loan department staff, bank counsel, and auditors.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC, and has more than two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career, she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Boatwright is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person