Proper Repossession, Notice & Sale of Non-Real Estate Collateral
A mistake in the repossession process can cost you the right to pursue a borrower and cause substantial damage to your institution. That’s a high price to pay! Ensure your team knows the ins and outs of the repo requirements from top to bottom.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Explain the UCC Article 9 requirements in the repossession, notice, and sale processes
- Understand how to legally conduct self-help repossession
- Distinguish between a private sale versus a public sale and when each should be used
- Explain what the notice of sale must contain
- Use commercially reasonable sale procedures
No lender likes to do repossessions, but it may be the only way to collect on a loan. However, the repossession process is fraught with peril for your institution. This webinar will explain all aspects of the repossession process regarding non-real estate collateral, starting with the decision to repossess and ending with the disposition of the collateral at a private or public sale. Learn the steps to properly repossess and dispose of collateral under UCC Article 9.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all loan and collection personnel, including loan officers, loan operations, credit administration, managers, collectors, compliance officers, and attorneys.
- UCC Article 9 repossession checklist to ensure you don’t forget a step in the repossession, notice, and sale processes
- UCC notice of sale form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Elizabeth Fast, JD & CPA – Spencer Fane LLP
If something goes wrong with a third-party relationship, the ripples can affect multiple departments. On top of that, consider how much of your budget is paid directly to vendors. This webinar will help ensure your institution is getting the most from vendors while also satisfying the increased examination scrutiny.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download