Protecting the SBA Guarantee Start to Finish
Protecting the SBA guarantee is critical to lenders and borrowers alike. But the rules are shifting to modernize the 7(a) loan program. This presentation will acquaint you with the changes… before more come down the pike.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand recent proposed SBA rules and new SOP guidance
- Identify the key eligibility issues in underwriting an SBA loan
- Correct common closing and funding mistakes that impair a lender’s guaranty
- Ensure your liquidation procedures are aligned with SBA guidelines
- Review the fundamentals of a guaranty purchase package
New rules are being adopted by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to streamline and increase access to capital for small businesses. While modernizing the 7(a) loan program is a welcome change, implementation of the new rules may initially create some uncertainty for lenders. This webinar will address the updates and how they will impact underwriting and documenting 7(a) loans. It will identify critical points to preserving and protecting the SBA’s conditional loan guaranty in a shifting credit market. Lenders’ responsibilities for servicing their existing SBA loan portfolio will be reinforced and tips for confidently navigating the SBA loan guaranty purchase process will be provided.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for board members, directors, loan officers, loan closers, administrators, and personnel responsible for underwriting, closing, post-closing, servicing, and liquidating SBA loans.
- SOP 5010(6)
- SBA Servicing and Liquidation Action 7(a) Lender Matrix
- 7(a) Guaranty Purchase Practice Tabs
- Care and Preservation of Collateral (CPC) Tabs
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Kimberly A. Rayer, JD – Starfield & Smith, PC
Kimberly Rayer is a partner at Starfield & Smith, PC, a boutique law firm representing lenders nationwide. They specialize in all aspects of SBA-guaranteed lending, from origination through liquidation, regulatory compliance, and audit. The firm closes over $900 million of SBA-guaranteed loans for lender clients annually and has assisted lenders across the country with the implementation, servicing, and compliance with the Paycheck Protection loan programs.
Rayer concentrates her practice on SBA lending programs, commercial financing, and other secured transactions. She represents lenders and lectures across the country on SBA closings and eligibility and compliance matters. In addition, Rayer received a bachelor’s from Drexel University and a JD from the James E. Beasley School of Law, Temple University and is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download