An SBA guaranty is guaranteed, right? What could go wrong? The worst time to find out the answer to these questions is when an SBA-guaranteed loan defaults. Attend this session to learn the crucial steps to establish and protect your SBA guaranty throughout the entire loan lifecycle.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s 7(a) loan program can be a valuable tool for lenders to help small-business clients while mitigating credit risk, reducing loan loss reserve requirements, and increasing profits. However, the SBA’s conditional loan guaranty can be lost at any time during the loan lifecycle – from underwriting through liquidation. Lenders may find their SBA loan portfolios are not as strong as they believed if they fail to properly train staff on all stages of the SBA 7(a) regulatory compliance process. Learn how to ensure the SBA guaranty remains in place throughout the loan lifecycle, including easy steps to improve the likelihood of success in the 7(a) loan program.
- Identify the stages of a small business loan
- Catch eligibility issues before loans are made
- Spot common pitfalls that jeopardize a lender’s guaranty
- Assess how to quantify risk to your guaranty
- Ensure that your liquidation procedures are aligned with SBA guidelines
- 7(a) Guaranty 10 Tabs
- SBA Servicing and Liquidation Action 7(a) Lender Matrix
- Care and Preservation of Collateral (CPC) tabs
- Offer in Compromise tabs
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for business development officers, loan officers, loan closers, administrators, and personnel responsible for post-closing, servicing, and liquidating SBA loans.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Jessica Conn, Starfield & Smith, PC
Jessica Conn is a partner at Starfield & Smith, PC, where she concentrates her practice on SBA lending programs, commercial financing, and other secured transactions. She consults with lenders nationwide on eligibility, closing, and regulatory compliance under the SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs, with a focus on guaranty purchase reviews and responses. Jessica also performs audits on portfolios of closed performing and non-performing loans to determine compliance with SBA regulations.
- Live - $245
- Recorded and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live, Recorded and Digital Download - $320 plus tax