Every day in your branches situations occur which are considered "suspicious" and may even put your employees and customers into what we will call a "felony moment." If your customer asks "Should I deposit this money?" The answer your officer gives may encourage the customer to structure, and that is a problem for both the customer and the employee. This program will answer commonly asked frontline questions and it will go over the red flags for money laundering for deposits and loans. You won't want to miss this fun frontline approach to red flags and your anti-money laundering program.
- How can I talk to my customer about currency transactions without getting into a "felony moment"?
- The money smells like marijuana. Is this something I should be concerned about?
- The customer told me that she is hiding money from the IRS, should I tell BSA?
- What are the Red Flags for Elder Abuse?
- What are some of the scams for loans and mortgages?
- What are the Red Flags for Identity Theft?
- When do we tell the BSA officer, and what should we use to communicate?
- Sample Incident reports for operations, loans, and branches
- The customer washed and ironed the money. Is this suspicious?
- The customer had me count $15,000 cash and then went to safe deposit box, should I let BSA know?
- We did not book the mortgage loan so why should I tell BSA that the identification and TIN did not match?
- Business Email compromises and Business Email attacks
- Human trafficking and Human smuggling
- Customers using personal accounts to run businesses
- Customers who have cashier’s checks made payable to themselves
Who Should Attend:
This webinar will benefit those who work directly with customers such as tellers, new accounts, branch managers, loan officers, and call centers. It is designed to help the BSA Officer complete BSA training for AML programs.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- “Live” Web connection: $265
- Additional connection for a branch: $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only: $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only: $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link: $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus: $395