Reg E & the Electronic Fund Transfer Act
Regulation E governs a wide range of products, including ACH, EFT, ATM, debit cards, gift cards, and more. Knowing the overall rules is not enough. Do you understand the error resolution process? Who is liable when things go wrong and how is that determined? This webinar will teach you the related EFT compliance requirements, including lesser-known prohibitions.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Determine a consumer’s liability for unauthorized transfers
- Define unauthorized transaction and access devices
- Explain the procedures and timeframes for error resolution
- Distinguish between solicited and unsolicited issuance of an access device
- Decide whether an advance change in terms notice is required
- Understand the requirements for international remittances
Person-to-person/business transfers are just the latest in a long line of emerging electronic fund transfers. ATMs, ACH, home banking, bill payer, debit cards, and mobile banking are all covered by Regulation E. This webinar will explore the rights and liabilities of consumers and financial institutions, including issuing an access device, disclosures, error resolution, and everything in between. You will learn about error resolution timeframes and common mistakes. It will also touch on the required disclosures for international remittances, gift cards, payroll card accounts, and a couple lesser-known prohibitions and compliance requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit anyone involved with ATM and debit cards, other EFT services, error resolution/consumer complaints, fraud, compliance, and audits.
- Coverage chart
- Error resolution cheat sheet
- List of internet resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 25 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download