Regulation CC – Annual Staff Training
Regulation CC is the regulation governing the availability of funds for transaction accounts and the holds which financial institutions can place on checks. This regulation was passed in 1988 and continues to be one of the toughest compliance problems in financial institutions around the country. There are many questions, such as can we place a hold on a cashier’s check? How many days can we hold checks on a new account? Does this apply to business accounts? Do we have to give the hold while the customer is there or can we mail it later? These questions will all be addressed in this informative and easy to follow webinar for the frontline. We will also take a look at the changes that are proposed — new disclosure format and new teller hold notices.
- Purpose of the regulation
- What is a transaction account?
- Availability schedules
- Business versus banking days, transaction accounts and more definitions
- How to count days and place holds
- Next day items versus other checks
- Case by case holds
- Exception holds
- Hold notices and how to complete
- New accounts exception
- Common errors on holds
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit all tellers, teller managers, cashiers, customer service representatives, back of bank operations, branch managers, and compliance officers.
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person