Regulation CC is the regulation governing the availability of funds for transaction accounts and the holds that financial institutions can place on checks. This regulation was passed in 1988 and continues to be one of the toughest compliance problems in financial institutions around the country.
Can we place a hold on a cashier’s check? How many days can we hold checks on a new account? Does this apply to business accounts? Do we have to give the hold while the customer is there or can we mail it later?
These questions will all be addressed in this informative and easy to follow program for the frontline. You'll need a copy of your hold form and Regulation CC disclosure to follow this frontline program.
- Purpose of the regulation
- What is a transaction account?
- Availability Schedules
- Business versus banking days, Transaction Accounts and more definitions
- How to count days and place holds
- Next day items versus other checks
- Case by Case holds
- Exception Holds
- Hold Notices and how to complete
- New Accounts exception
- Common errors on holds
Who Should Attend:
All tellers, teller managers, cashiers, customer service representatives, back of bank operations, branch managers and compliance officers
"Deborah Crawford is always easy to listen to and she explains things the way I can understand them. I don't feel silly asking what may seem like simple questions, she has always answered them kindly." —Lisa K., Independence State Bank
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
If you are unable to attend the webinar but would like to have this information for training purposes, you may also purchase an OnDemand website link and/or CD-ROM.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395