Safe Deposit Issues: Drilling, Unpaid Rent, Death, & Unclaimed Property
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand your institution’s safe deposit box obligations and responsibilities
- Implement proper procedures to grant access to a safe deposit box
- Handle delinquent rent
- Manage the death of a joint or sole owner
- Properly escheat safe deposit box contents to the state
Safe deposit boxes are an important service. They provide additional revenue and enhance accountholder relationships. But safe deposit box operations are unique and sometimes mysterious. Inappropriately handling a safe deposit box can result in unforeseen liability to your institution of tremendous proportions. This webinar will cover everything you need to know to properly handle safe deposit boxes, including the rental agreement, collecting rent, drilling the box, and escheatment of box contents to the state.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all staff involved with safe deposit boxes, including officers, service representatives, operations personnel, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Checklist of items that should be included in a safe deposit box policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA — Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fast is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download