Many financial institutions have considered safe deposit as a loss leader for so long that it is difficult for them to view this service a profit center. Fortunately many institutions are now starting to realize that consumers are willing to pay more if they feel they are receiving something worthwhile. Your safe deposit area can quickly become profitable by following a few simple income generating, cost reducing and successfully tested marketing concepts. Consumers will pay a lot for a little peace of mind.
Dave McGuinn, a nationally recognized expert in the safe deposit area, will provide clear, concise recommendations to market this service, improve your bottom line and satisfy these consumers. In addition, he will share many success stories about concepts that have enabled institutions nationwide to improve their profitability.
What You Will Learn
- What three SERIOUS marketing mistakes will create liability?
- What happens if your safe deposit service is discontinued?
- Will you ever save money if you offer self-service boxes?
- How do you announce a rental rate increase to renters?
- What are the most effective ways to rent more boxes?
- Why should you NEVER give FREE boxes to anyone?
- Why is it a bad idea to rent boxes to non-depositors?
- Should you offer large storage lockers in your vault?
- What fees (other than rent) should a consumer pay?
- What type of consumer needs a safe deposit box?
- What is the best way to survey your market area?
- What is the most effective box pricing method?
- How can you identify your ideal box renter?
- Plus many other MARKETING ideas!
Who Should Attend?
The cost savings and income generating information covered in this presentation will be of special interest and benefit to your marketing officers, branch managers, training directors and anyone in senior management who is responsible for your institution’s annual bottom line profit.
About the Presenter
David P. McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with over 45 years of safe deposit experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU. In all 50 states he has trained over 350,000 safe deposit personnel since 1969, and has served the industry as President of the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association, Independent Community Bankers of America, National Association of Federal Credit Union and over 100 other financial associations. He has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, New York Magazine, Fortune Magazine, Associated Press, National Public Radio (NPR), British Broadcasting Company (BBC), AARP, Bottom Line Financial, FDIC, CUNA, CNN, CBS, FOX, ABC, NBC Nightly News, Inside Edition, Crime Watch, 20/20 and Court TV on current safe deposit issues. McGuinn has created numerous DVD and web training programs and his Safe Deposit Regulatory/Compliance Manual and Policy and Procedures Handbook are now the accepted standard for the financial industry.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395