SAR Line-by-Line: Compliance & Insight
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Determine which parties should be reported as subjects or in the narrative
- Identify words and phrases prohibited anywhere but the narrative portion
- Use FinCEN’s SAR user guide to find detailed SAR instructions
- Define Purchaser/Sender and Payee/Receiver as subject roles in the transaction
- Explain how to reference additional information from the checkboxes within the narrative
- Distinguish between “corrected” and “amended” reports
This webinar will break down each component of a SAR from what goes into the “Filing Note to FinCEN” box to the filer’s contact information and everything in between. Filers often have questions about the “Other” boxes in each section and the correct way to complete them, or when simply checking a box is not enough and they want to provide additional information about the activity. Participants will be given a list of guidance and advisory documents addressing the reporting of certain suspicious activities, such as human or drug smuggling and trafficking, elder financial exploitation, money mule activity, business and personal e-mail compromise, and benefits fraud, among others.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers and personnel, anyone responsible for BSA compliance and SAR completion, audit, and compliance personnel.
- List of FinCEN advisories and guidance
- Important excerpts from the FinCEN filing instructions
- Key components for completing the SAR narrative
- Internet links to important SAR resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 30 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download