Securing Collateral Part 1: Forms UCC-1 & 3: Filing, Perfection, Amending & Terminating
Perfecting your security interest in collateral must be done perfectly! Learn how to avoid losses and properly complete (or correct) the UCC-1 and UCC-3 forms. All lending staff will benefit from this detail-oriented webinar.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Properly complete every section of the UCC-1 Financing Statement and the UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment
- Distinguish between the need for the UCC-1 Addendum and the need for the UCC-3 Addendum
- Determine when a termination versus an amendment or assignment of an existing UCC filing is required
- Correct an inaccurate or improperly filed UCC-1 Financing Statement
- Know how to handle a situation where a debtor changes name or address
Filing a UCC-1 Financing Statement is the most frequently used method to perfect your institution’s security interest in collateral. The completion of the UCC-1 form and the determination of the appropriate filing office can be tricky. An improperly completed or improperly filed UCC-1 will result in loss of your institution’s perfected security interest. This webinar will explain how to properly complete each section of the UCC-1 and where to file the UCC-1 in every type of consumer and commercial situation. Furthermore, filing a UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment is required in various situations, such as when your institution needs to extend, amend, assign, or terminate an existing UCC filing. This webinar will explain the situations when your institution must file the UCC-3 and how to properly complete it.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit any personnel involved in the credit process, including loan operations personnel, loan officers, compliance personnel, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- UCC-1 Financing Statement and Addendum, including instructions
- UCC-3 Financing Statement Amendment and Addendum, including instructions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Elizabeth Fast JD, CPA – Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fastis the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a master of business administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was general counsel, senior vice president, and corporate secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download