We certainly have evolved into a new and unusual age in banking, and in compliance in particular. The entire model of consumer and commercial banking has changed before our eyes, and many emergency measures were taken by Congress and the regulatory agencies (including SBA) in response to the pandemic. What will happen now after these measures are rescinded? How will you adapt your efforts to best serve your small business customers and remain in compliance with the many standards?
In this webinar, we’ll go into detail about compliance standards in small business lending. We’ll discuss the wrap-up and any residual activities from the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). We’ll also provide some timely reminders of various compliance requirements on small business lending, with emphasis on issues that are evolving and changing, to ensure your programs remain best-in-class so that you can be prepared to handle the next set of challenges thrown your way.
- Remaining regulatory guidance on PPP loans and other SBA programs – what is left to do?
- Loan modification requests – how should these be handled?
- Handling late or missing payments
- Disclosure and other requirements, including fair lending and UDAP/UDAAP
- Additional compliance guidance around commercial lending, including:
- Appraisals (new requirements)
- Flood insurance (including rules on private insurance)
- Fair lending (2021’s chief issue)
- BSA/AML requirements, including changes and new rules
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is intended for anyone in the institution interested or involved in the CARES Act and its implications for small business lending, including lenders, relationship managers, compliance and audit professionals, management, Board members, servicers, SBA lenders, and anyone else interested in how this new environment of banking is impacting small business lending.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395