NEW PROGRAM!! The 2020 WBA Strategic Marketing Workshop will be offered on July 21-22 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. The program will start at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and the workshop will adjourn at Noon on Wednesday. An optional marketing peer group will be offered to attendees from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
About the Program:
Customers interact with your brand at many touchpoints, like pitstops along a journey. The objective of this course is to equip students with a strategic mindset to connect the dots between the bank’s brand, the bank’s strategic objectives, available marketing channels, and the customer journey. Marketing is, has been and will always be about reaching the right audience, at the right time. However, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all of today’s channels and touchpoints to consider. Today’s consumers spend the majority of their day online and on mobile devices, yet bank marketing budgets don’t always maximize that opportunity. In this course, we’ll share effective tactics for planning channel selection, maintaining the brand across the entire spectrum of engagement, applying the right channel at the right time, being resourceful with implementation and measuring success. Students will walk away with, proven marketing processes to maximize brand engagement and simple planning tools to effectively execute a strategic marketing plan for the bank across all touchpoints.
After successfully completing this course, students will understand concepts and processes to:
- Understand brand vs. branding
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Reach, attract and eventually convert the target audience into customers
- Select the right channels, tactics, and platforms
- Determine the proper creative messaging per channel
- Develop KPIs and other performance metrics
- Implement the plan across multiple channels
- Track performance (awareness, leads, conversions)
- Optimize results
- Discussion on how and why the consumer marketplace has evolved
- Discussion on user experience and expectation
- Discussion on the importance of brand
- The relationship between owned, paid and earned media
- Strategy development
- Defining your target audience and customer personas
- Budget development
- Website and landing page design
- Mobile-first creative messaging and design
- Content development
- Internal delivery channels (i.e., retail merchandising, intranet, signage, etc.)
- External delivery channels (i.e., mass media, PR, search, social, display, email, etc.)
- Data gathering, metric analysis, performance review and optimization
- Amber Farley, Executive Vice President, Emerging Media - Financial Marketing Solutions
- Sean Hockenberry, President - Financial Marketing Solutions
Who Should Attend?
This workshop has been designed for your marketing managers and those responsible for the strategic planning and marketing of your bank.
The registration fee of $450 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and most meals. The optional marketing peer group on Wednesday afternoon is included for workshop attendees.
Click Register for additional information and to register online.