This webinar focuses on the legal issues of checks outlined in signature cards under the uniform commercial code and the holds used on transaction accounts under Regulation CC. This informative webinar will review endorsements, ambiguous language on checks, stop payment orders, death issues, post-dated checks and the account holder's responsibilities in reviewing his or her statements.
Your financial institution's best defense against fraud is the proper placement of holds on checks within Regulation CC's guidelines. We will review all schedules of next day items, local and non-local checks. Participants will receive materials including hold forms and worksheets.
What You Will Learn
- How money moves
- Contradictory terms
- Incomplete contracts
- Stop payment orders
- Stop payment orders on cashier’s, certified and teller’s checks
- Knowledge of death and action on checks after death
- Customer’s duty to read statement
- Negligence issues and the customer’s responsibility
- What is a transaction account?
- What is a local check?
- Next day items
- Case by case holds and exception holds
- Substitute checks
- Red Flags for Money Laundering
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit all head tellers, branch managers, branch administrators, compliance officers, training staff and others who manage or work the frontline.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- Live Plus Five (days) - $265
- OnDemand Recording - $295
- CD-ROM - $345
- Live Plus Six (months) - $365
- Premier Package - $395