The ABCs of RDC
Checks are going away, right? Not so fast! Many people still use them — or receive them. Does your financial institution offer RDC as a convenience to your accountholders? Do you know what to do when a check is presented twice? Get the goods about remote deposit capture procedures and risks with this timely webinar.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Distinguish between mobile and desktop services
- Understand the regulations and guidance relating to remote deposit capture (RDC)
- Define risk mitigation steps your financial institution can take
- Explain the options when a check has been presented more than once
- Clarify the responsibilities relating to the RDC indemnity
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
We keep hearing that checks are going away, but that just isn’t true. They are still around and may even be the preferred method of payment for some accountholders. Offering remote and mobile deposit capture of checks allows accountholders to keep banking with you even when they move or get a check in the mail. Learn the differences between mobile and desktop services, risk mitigation, duplicate deposits, and much more.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is ideal for check operations staff, NCP candidates, auditors, compliance staff, and product managers.
- Sample RDC risk management policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michele Barlow. AAP, NCP – Macha/PAR
Michele Barlow is the Senior Vice President at Macha/PAR (Everything Payments, Everywhere), with offices in Wisconsin and Maryland. Before joining the Macha team in 2009, Barlow spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Barlow is a past member of NACHA’s Blue Ribbon Panel and currently serves on the APRP Oversight Panel, the Payments Institute Board of Regents, and Nacha’s LMS Editorial Board. She is active on other national committees, and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Barlow holds a bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download