Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. All employees have a role in preventing and preparing for potential active shooter situations. This session covers steps to prepare employees and managers to respond appropriately should an active shooter incident occur. It covers lessons learned from past incidents and concepts endorsed by the US Department of Homeland Security and what to expect when law enforcement and medical personnel respond.
- Describe actions to take when confronted with an active shooter and responding law enforcement officials.
- Recognize potential workplace violence indicators.
- Describe actions to take to prevent and prepare for potential active shooter incidents.
- Describe how to manage the consequences of an active shooter incident.
Who Should Attend?
All financial institution employees.
J. Branch Walton has more than 44 years of direct experience in federal law enforcement, private security, and teaching/training/program development. He was a commissioned officer in the U S Marine Corps and a special agent with NCIS before retiring from the United States Secret Service (USSS) after a 21-year career. After retirement, he served as Chief of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center’s (FLETC) Management Institute, and as a criminal justice instructor at Indiana University at Bloomington, Indiana. He is past President of the National Association for Bank Security-Profit Protection, LLC, a company specializing in security and compliance training for the banking industry. He served briefly as Airport Manager of Operations Training at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood -International Airport and as a Subject Matter Expert for the Miami, Florida Police Dept’s Training Division. Mr. Walton is a well-known speaker (over 3000 presentations) and author on workplace violence-the insider threat, executive protection, identity theft, school safety, special event planning, dealing with angry customers, threat assessments, security surveys, and other security topics. He is now a contract instructor for the Department of Homeland Security in the fields of physical and operations security.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395