The Latest in Social Engineering Attacks – How to Protect Against Complex Threats
It seems like fraudsters are always one step ahead. The battle against sophisticated social engineering attacks continues. Are you keeping up? Join us to learn the latest schemes and defenses.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Identify social engineering exploits that may be successful at your institution
• Understand how attackers are using multiple forms of social engineering to gather information throughout your institution
• Detect suspicious calls that may have been overlooked
• Determine areas that may be susceptible to onsite social engineering exploits
• Take steps to protect against complex threats
The previous year saw social engineering attacks increase in both volume and sophistication. The perpetrators of social engineering (SE) attacks are smart, motivated, and persistent. Phishing emails are by far the predominant SE security breach, but the last year also saw deepfakes (a type of artificial intelligence) being used to create convincing images, audio, and video hoaxes. By using artificial, enhanced voice simulation, fraudsters stole $35 million from a bank in the United Arab Emirates. COVID-19 has forced many institutions to close lobbies for extended periods of time and this has contributed to an uptick in successful onsite SE exploits. A combination of multiple types of SE attacks spread over time has contributed to an increase in SE-related losses. Join this insightful webinar to learn how to confront these threats.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for chief information security officers, senior management, call center personnel, operations staff, and anyone responsible for securing accountholder information.
• List of the most common social engineering test failures
• Checklist of defensive measures to limit social-engineering attack effectiveness
• Questions to ask your IT auditor to scope effective social engineering testing
• PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
• Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
• Employee training log
• Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER — John Moeller, CLA
John Moeller is a principal at CLA in the IT & Cyber Security Services Group. For over 30 years, Moeller has served the technology needs of financial institutions across the country. His experience includes strategic technology planning, technology and vulnerability/risk assessments, controls reviews, information security and business continuity program development, and board of director training.
Moeller is a frequent speaker on information security, IT assessments and strategy, CIO outsourcing, and managed IT services. He holds several professional certifications, including Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Ethical Hacker, and EC Council – Certified Security Analyst. He received a bachelor’s in Information Technology from Capella University.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download