The New ACH Rules on Prenotification & Micro-Entries
Expect to see more and more growth in the number of prenotes and micro-entries. Join us to learn the implications, rights, and requirements under Nacha’s new rules, including initiation, handling, and exceptions.
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Define a micro-entry according to the Nacha rules
- Understand your obligations for using micro-entries to validate accounts
- Explain the account validation options
- Deal with exceptions correctly
- Distinguish between proper and improper usage of micro-entries
With Nacha’s new WEB debit account validation rule in place, and the recent passage of related micro-deposits rules, RDFIs can expect to see an increase in the number of micro-entries and prenotes. Do you know your institution’s rights and obligations? This session will explore the proper initiation and handling of micro-entries and prenotes. Properly handling these items can help to reduce the number of future exception items and reduce headaches.
This session will cover:
- Definition of micro-entries and prenotes
- Appropriate uses of micro-entries and prenotes
- Returning micro-entries and prenotes
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for ACH operations staff, AAP candidates, auditors, and compliance staff.
- One-page quick reference guide on micro-entries
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michele Barlow AAP, NCP – Macha/PAR
Michele Barlow is the senior vice president at Macha/PAR (Everything Payments, Everywhere), with offices in Wisconsin and Maryland. Before joining the Macha team in 2009, Barlow spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Barlow is a past member of NACHA’s Blue Ribbon Panel and currently serves on the APRP Oversight Panel, the Payments Institute Board of Regents, and Nacha’s LMS Editorial Board. She is active on other national committees, and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Michele holds a bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download