Transitioning Away from LIBOR: Preparation & Practicalities
Why is LIBOR being phased out? What should replace it? Do you need a transition plan? Which loans are affected? Join this timely session to learn the answers to these questions and more!
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand why the LIBOR index is being phased out
- Properly identify a replacement index for your institution’s LIBOR-based credit products
- Establish a transition plan for your LIBOR-based credit card products
- Appropriately update your home equity line of credit application disclosures
- Prepare the subsequent disclosures required in connection with adjustable-rate mortgage loans
The London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) index is tied to several credit products, including credit cards, home equity lines of credit, and adjustable-rate mortgage loans. Due to irregularities in the behavior of the index over the past several years, the one-month, three-month, six-month, and one-year LIBOR indices will cease publication in June 2023.
Last year, the CFPB issued a final rule to help financial institutions facilitate the transition away from the LIBOR index. This webinar will explain components of that rulemaking, including factors to consider when identifying a replacement index and transition requirements for credit cards, HELOCs, and adjustable-rate mortgage loans.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for lending department leadership, loan officers, loan support staff, compliance professionals, and audit personnel.
- The Transition Away from the LIBOR Index — a white paper that provides a high-level summary of steps financial institutions must take now to prepare for the transition
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Michael Christians, JD – Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Christians assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes, and offers customized education and training services.
Christians has more than two decades of experience in the financial services industry with a primary focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download