WBA Advanced IRA Workshop
Advanced IRAs builds on the attendees’ basic IRA knowledge to address some of the more complex IRA issues that their financial organizations may handle. This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The instructor uses real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations.
Course Topics May Include:
- Explain recent changes affecting IRA owners
- Recognize how recent changes may affect your financial organization
Amending IRA Documents:
- Identify recent amendment guidance
- Define plan agreement and disclosure statement amendment procedures
- Describe a universal or “catch-all” amendment
- List the amendment need for mergers, acquisitions, and forms provider changes
Required Minimum Distributions:
- Calculate a required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Discuss the RMD rules
- Explain the RMD reporting requirements
- Describe beneficiary distribution options when an IRA owner dies on or after January 1, 2020
- Recognize the differences for the various beneficiary types
- Summarize the restrictions on the movement between IRAs
- Describe a conversion
- Explain the effect of withholding on a conversaion
- Recognize the portability options available when moving assets from an employer-sponsored retirement plan to an IRA
Finding Answers to Commonly Asked IRA Questions:
- Review commonly asked IRA questions
- Learn about the resources available to find answers
Who Should Attend
You should attend this seminar if you are:
- an IRA administrator, personal banker, or member services personnel who has a working knowledge of basic IRA operations and are looking to expand your expertise and provide enhanced customer service.
- a financial professional who recognizes that IRAs play an integral role in retirement planning
- a compliance specialist with procedural oversight of IRA policies and practices
- a support personnel responsible for promotional materials that describe the services provided by your financial organization
The registration fee of $245/attendee includes program registration, instruction and materials.
A refund, less a $25 administrative fee, is available for cancellations received in writing to WBA Education on or before 3 days prior to the event start date.