Every organization has “people” concerns, and Wipfli’s Senior Human Resource Business Forums (SHRBF) provide a professional and constructive environment in which to discuss employee issues. You will walk away with sound, practical information on key functional areas of human resource (HR) management.
The curriculum for the SHRBF changes each year. It allows participants to focus on the role of HR at an advanced level and explore organizational development initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of the HR function within their organizations. These forums are appropriate for individuals who have participated in the foundational Human Resource Business Forums or who have at least five years of experience in HR management. There are five educational sessions and four HR best practices discussions.
This year’s educational topics are:
- Responding to a Full-Employment Environment
- Business Process Improvement Workshop -- an Interactive Presentation
- Solving People Problems
- Your Aging Workforce
- Diversity and Inclusion
Key benefits you receive by participating in the forums are numerous and include:
- Sound, timely, and practical information on current trends and best practices in HR management
- Information on changing employment laws and resulting implications
- Professional and confidential environment to discuss and find solutions for your unique HR issues
- Advice from experienced consultants who understand your challenges
- Meetings are held monthly generally from September through May and are 3.5 hours in length
- Roundtable discussions are held to troubleshoot the pressing concerns of our participants, as well as network with other HR professionals
- Professionally facilitated discussions are held and prepared topics are presented
- Written materials and supporting documents are distributed for each topic
- Beverages and light meals are provided
- Value priced at $1,295 for 31.5 hours
Julia Johnson, Wipfli LLP
With more than 20 years of diversified human resources and organizational development experience, Julia Johnson works closely with community bank presidents and boards of directors to provide human resources (HR) consulting services. Julia is also a faculty member of the Graduate School of Banking at UW-Madison. While she has a strong focus on and deep expertise in the financial institutions industry, she also provides services to clients in other industries (e.g., nonprofit, governmental, manufacturing, and health care), enabling her to capture best practices. Julia applies innovative yet practical solutions to help clients achieve success through the talents of their people.
Who Should Attend?
Experienced Human Resources professionals and others with responsibility for the Human Resources function within the bank who are seeking advanced level topics and networking opportunities.
Register now! Space is limited and will fill up quickly.
The first forum will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019. Registration deadline: Sept. 10, 2019
Meetings will be held at the WBA offices in Madison, Wisconsin from 8:30 a.m. to noon unless otherwise notified.