Recent successful cyberattacks on international wire transfers have raised the bar on examiners’ expectations for security systems and risk monitoring of international and domestic wire transfers. Are you prepared?
Funds transfer fraud causes millions of dollars in losses for businesses. Last year, financial institutions filed over 248,000 SARs on incidents of wire fraud and/or suspicious funds transfers. As cyber attackers grow more sophisticated, their schemes and attempts have escalated further during the pandemic. Examiner scrutiny has increased in response.
Wire transfers are unique transactions. This session will cover the regulatory requirements for both domestic and international wires, provide sample audit procedures, and address how to identify and react to possible wire fraud attempts. It will also identify system and process vulnerabilities that can expose financial institutions to cyberattacks and increased liability. Join us for an examination of ways to strengthen policies, monitoring, procedures, and risk assessments. Tools to support and enhance your wire compliance program will be provided.
- Detailed review of both domestic and international wire requirements, including: internal controls, system security, identification and authentication requirements, and OFAC screening rules
- Understand proposed changes to BSA requirements for wires and recordkeeping
- Identify how Reg S, Reg E, Reg J Subpart B, and UCC-4A impact the wire process
- Offer insight on common types of wire fraud and scams
- Explain rules, notices, and error resolution procedures for international funds transfers
- Discuss risk management practices and controls over IT and wholesale payment systems networks, including authentication, authorization, fraud detection, and response management systems and processes
- Sample wire transfer policy
- Sample wire logs
- Wire transfer audit procedures
- Sample wire transfer request form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and staff who handle wire transfers.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection (from a single computer terminal). You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax