Have you received emails with overly long recipient lists? Have you struggled through complex emails only to realize they don't concern you? Do you think email may not always be the best way to communicate? Have you seen emails used inappropriately, to criticize someone or avoid communicating in person?
Effective workplace email requires attention to writing and language. Learn how to create and respond to emails efficiently and accurately. Get practical remedies for problematic messages, and leave with guidelines for managing emails.
- Define major email writing mistakes
- Write succinct, effective emails
- Use a quality-control checklist
- Use a standard structure to help your readers
- Check emails for key points and courteous tone
- Manage your email system efficiently, including tips for filing, attaching, copying, forwarding, and receipting
Who Should Attend:
Any professional who needs to write reader-focused, organized, courteous, clear, and concise emails.
Philip Vassallo has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs for a wide range of executive, managerial, administrative and technical professionals in major multinational organizations for more than 30 years. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-Mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing. He also writes the popular blog "Words on the Line," which offers practical tips for developing writers. Dr. Vassallo holds a B.A. in English, an M.S. in education, and a doctorate in educational theory.
If you are unable to attend the webinar but would like to have this information for training purposes, you may also purchase an OnDemand website link and/or CD-ROM.
- “Live” Web connection: $265
- Additional connection for a branch: $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only: $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only: $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link: $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus: $395