Executive Letter: This Giving Tuesday, Give the Gift of Financial Literacy
As a banker, ensuring the financial success and prosperity of your customers and community members is at the heart of what you do, day in and day out. You and your team give back in so many ways, yet we know that we have work left to do. A recent FINRA study showed that:
- 37% of Wisconsinites do not have emergency funds,
- 27% have used non-bank borrowing methods in the past five years, and
- 40% find it somewhat or very difficult to cover expenses and pay bills.
The Wisconsin Bankers Foundation (WBF) exists because bankers like you care deeply about promoting financial literacy and capability in our state. Please see the Year in Review for an overview of how the Foundation is making an impact.
Today, on Giving Tuesday, the WBF staff and I invite you to consider a donation to the Foundation. Because of WBF’s public charity status, donations may be tax deductible. Our goal is to raise $70,000 for the 2022–2023 fiscal year, and there are three easy ways for you to join in:
- Send a check to the Wisconsin Bankers Foundation, 4721 S. Biltmore Lane, Madison, WI 53718,
- Donate online at www.wisbankfoundation.org/donate, and/or
- Use the pledge form to donate an item for our silent auction, which will be held online as well as in person at the WBA Bank Executives Conference, February 8–10, 2023.
Your contribution will enable us to continue to:
- Provide Reading Raises Interest Kits to teach the importance of saving money at a young age,
- Award scholarships to high school seniors and college students with interests in the banking industry,
- Provide comprehensive and comparative data on the banking industry through Banconomics.com,
- Honor bankers and industry leaders for their engagement with financial literacy, and
- Offer grants to support outstanding nonprofit financial education programs across the state.
Thank you in advance for considering adding your name to the list of our 2022–2023 supporters. Our collective involvement makes a meaningful difference in the financial wellness of our communities.
The Wisconsin Bankers Foundation (WBF) is a Wisconsin non-stock corporation organized for charitable and educational purposes. WBF is dedicated to promoting financial literacy and financial responsibility to the public and to broadening consumer empowerment in the financial services industry, primarily through research and education. FEIN 46-3791061