High School Students Compete in Finance and Investment Challenge Bowl State Tournament
The Finance and Investment Challenge Bowl tournament for high school students across Wisconsin culminated in the state championship on Wednesday, May 18. The tournament is organized by the nonprofit organization Asset Builders and championship sponsors included the Wisconsin Bankers Foundation, Associated Bank, Huntington Bank, Old National Bank, and U.S. Bank.
Thank you to the WBA-member bankers who volunteered as quizmasters, scorekeepers, and judges at the championship tournament: Colin Brown, U.S. Bank; Lynn Boelter, First Federal Bank; Melissa Castillo, Monona Bank; Donna Cotter, Old National Bank; Leann Eddingsaas, First Federal Bank; and Matt Moore, U.S. Bank.
The Challenge Bowl is an opportunity for students to build upon their classroom learning in finance and economics in a fun and engaging environment. The spirit of friendly competition was evident as the teams competed for trophies and prizes.
Congratulations to this year’s winners (and their teachers):
- First place – State Champion: Sun Prairie (Kurt Nickelsburg)
- Second-place: Monroe (Erin Speth)
- Final Four teams: Nicolet (Dan Schramka) and Monroe
- Consolation Champion: Green Bay East (Scott Christy), with Stevens Point (Mike Olson) coming in second
- Crowdpurr individual competition: students from Rhinelander (Patrick Kubeny), Milton (Nick Manogue), and Middleton (Shane Leadholm) finished in the top four spots.
Look for more information in the Wisconsin Banker Daily this fall on how to get involved with a regional tournament in your area.