Citizens State Bank of Loyal is seeking a qualified Executive Vice President & Chief Lending Officer.
This individual will manage the loan department which includes development and communication of policies and procedures, and overall responsibility for the growth and quality of loan portfolio. They are also responsible for functions associated with the credit risk management of the bank.
This position will be responsible for identifying and understanding developing trends and providing a thorough, independent assessment of a borrower’s capacity to withstand the risks posed by those trends through the preparation of written, in-depth analyses of business, management, and industry factors. A primary component of this role will involve the exercise of independent judgement and discretion on matters pertaining to the identification and management of the credit risk and quality of the bank’s loan portfolio. As a member of senior management team, this position is tasked with the responsibility of leading the bank in the absence of the CEO.
- Participates, in cooperation with the CEO and Board, in the development and recommendation of loan objectives, policies and practices. Is a member and chair of the bank’s Internal Loan Committee and is an ex-officio member of the Board Loan Committee.
- Evaluates the loan portfolio, analyzes trends, and provides regular reports to the CEO and Board of Directors on a regular basis. Reviews approved loans and delinquency reports to ensure that policies and practices are being followed. Studies problems and recommends changes in present loan policies and practices. Keeps abreast of all regulatory issues and makes sure the bank is in compliance.
- Develops and maintains a high-quality loan portfolio of commercial loans.
- Oversees the development and growth of the bank’s loan portfolio, including commercial, agricultural, residential, consumer and municipal loans in order to meet the bank’s goals and objectives. Oversees the bank’s secondary-market loan sales program.
- Provides advice, guidance, and loan services to loan officers and other department personnel on matters including credit analysis, evaluation of financial statements and credit information, and collection of overdue loans. Provides advice and guidance to officers engaged in loan activities with the goal of growing and high-quality loan portfolio. Ensures proper training of personnel to maintain adequate records for audits and regulatory reports.
- Keeps abreast of current and competitive rates and incorporates such into maintaining a reasonable profit. Member of the bank’s Asset-Liability Committee with responsibility to work with Committee and CEO on overall profitability and interest-rate risk of the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Serves as Executive Vice-President with responsibility to lead all bank activities in the absence of the CEO. Participates with senior management team and Board of Directors with the development and execution of the bank’s Strategic Plan and annual budget.
- Actively participates in local community events and service/business organizations.
Interested individuals may contact Jasmine Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!