This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of agricultural loan accounts. Makes loans the individuals, partnerships and corporations engaged in agricultural production. Analyzes loan applications, audits loan files, services existing loans, and counsels customers in an effort to reduce delinquencies and meet departmental goals for increasing loan volume. Aggressively sells and promotes all bank services in such a way as to enhance bank earnings and the bank’s image within the community.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, professional journals, and governmental regulations.
- Strong writing skills to compose moderately complex correspondence and reports.
- Strong verbal skills to effectively present information to customers, employee,s and managers in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to calculate amounts such as interest, discounts, and percentages and interpret complex financial reports.
- Comprehend and understand bank operations, policies (manuals), and procedures.
- Independent judgment to recognize and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Understand and apply standard agricultural production and marketing concepts and principles.
- Approve within delegated authority loan structures pricing and conditions on loan transactions.
- Recognize and resolve a wide variety of practical problems involving common sense judgment, tact, and on-the-spot decision.
- Problem-solving skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with customers, employees, and managers.
- Organizational skills to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in an orderly, productive manner.
- Customer service and collection skills to handle situations which require assertiveness and discretion.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to generate correspondence and reports.
- Participates in bank-wide committee and branch-level meetings when requested.
- Assist senior management in development of bank manuals and operational procedures in an effort to accomplish the bank’s strategic directives.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for assigned area and informs bank staff of same. Recommends procedural changes as needed to support prescribed requirements.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job-related seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Participates in bank community service and team building events.
- Perform any and all other additional duties as may be assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in agriculture is required; or an equivalent combination of Ag education/experience/knowledge in lieu of the degree.
- Experience with FSA Guaranteed Loans.
- Three or more years working as an Ag Lender.
- Knowledge and practice of customer service principles including advanced sales skills.
- Relevant computer skills.
- Strong reading, writing, numerical ability, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Must be honest and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations.
Interested applicants should contact Jasmine Gross at email@example.com to learn more.