After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Distinguish the different risks your financial institution may encounter as an RDFI and ODFI
- Explain the role of controls in mitigating risk exposure in your ACH operations
- Understand the methodologies and importance behind assigning risk ratings
- Explain the difference between inherent and residual risks
- Differentiate the different controls that may be implemented to mitigate inherent risk
ACH transaction volume continues to climb each year as more and more consumers and organizations realize the benefits of electronic funds transfers. With the increase in ACH transactions, it is more important now than ever that your financial institution has a clear understanding of the risks involved with receiving incoming ACH transactions, as well as the risk involved in maintaining a sound, safe, and profitable origination program. This program will explore various types of risk, including operational risk, credit risk, compliance risk, and many more. Don’t miss this discussion on Nacha’s A New Risk Management Framework for the Era of Credit-Push Fraud and recommended considerations and controls RDFIs can implement to help fight fraud.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit operations staff, including operations managers, risk managers, compliance staff, and treasury management support and operations staff.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Eric Wester, AAP, APRP — UMACHA
Eric Wester is the Associate Director of Education Services at UMACHA. He is responsible for providing ACH education through virtual learning opportunities, in-person workshops, conferences, and symposiums. With over a decade of banking experience, Wester most recently served as Operations Payment Managing Officer at a regional bank and oversaw all aspects of ACH processing. Prior to that, he served as the Associate Director of Compliance Services at UMACHA, where he was responsible for conducting ACH audits and risk assessments.
Wester is passionate about payments, and he has served as a member of the Fraud Information Sharing Work Group and Fraud Prevention Best Practices and Solutions sub-group with the U.S. Faster Payments Council. He obtained his AAP accreditation in 2017 and his APRP in 2020.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download