Lending is the heartbeat of your financial institution. With so many regulations governing consumer loan compliance, what exactly should be your focus? This webinar will map out an example of a consumer RE loan from beginning to end. You’ll learn all the details, plus get insight on what examiners are watching.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Prevent fair lending issues from initial conversations through closing
- Understand E-SIGN requirements for electronic disclosures
- Gather required GMI and HMDA data
- Determine if appropriate flood insurance is in place
- Review appraisal requirements
- Avoid TRID errors on loan estimates and closing disclosures
- Use provided checklists to verify loan file documentation
Perhaps no financial product or service is “touched” by more regulatory requirements than a consumer real estate loan. From the first discussions with the borrower, to the application, to the closing table, regulations guide each stage of the loan process. This webinar will walk through a sample consumer real estate loan from application to closing. It will address the regulatory compliance issues that impact the loan, your institution, and the borrower. In addition, it will highlight the issues examiners are citing the most and share best practices for avoiding costly errors.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for consumer mortgage loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Consumer real estate loan documentation checklist
- Flood insurance determination worksheet
- Sample changed circumstance form
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Dawn Kincaid – Brode Consulting Services Inc
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download