Consumer Real Estate Documentation: Building Your Checklist
In this session, we will walk through an example consumer real estate loan file from application to closing. We will discuss the regulatory compliance issues that touch the loan throughout its process.
There is perhaps no product or service at your institution that is touched by more regulatory requirements than a consumer real estate loan. From the first discussions with the consumer to the application to the closing, table rules are in place guiding each stage of the loan process. With so many regulations governing consumer loan compliance, what exactly should you be looking for?
We will walk through an example consumer real estate loan from application to closing. We will discuss the regulatory compliance issues that impact the loan, your institution and your borrower. In addition, we will highlight the issues examiners are citing most often and share best practices for how to avoid costly errors.
What You’ll Learn
- Prevent fair lending issues from initial conversations to the closing table
- Understand E-SIGN requirements for electronic disclosures
- Gather required GMI and HMDA data
- Determine if appropriate flood insurance is in place
- Review appraisal requirements
- Avoid TRID errors on your loan estimates and closing disclosures
- Use provided checklists to verify loan file documentation
Who Should Attend
This session is designed for Consumer Mortgage Loan Officers, Loan Operations personnel, Compliance Officers, and your Internal Auditor.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 19 years of experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized the implementation of new products and services. Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits, and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person