Excel 101: Introduction to Spreadsheets
This presentation by Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in several years. He covers spreadsheet basics, different file types you can create, keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, and much more. David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2021, 2019, 2016 and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast. Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2021, Excel 2019, and so on.
What You’ll Learn
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time
- Discerning the nuance of entering text into worksheet cells
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns
- Handling situations where numbers are presented as # signs on-screen and in Print Preview
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel
- Learning about the different types of files you can create in Excel
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets
- Mastering Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas
- Navigating large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for practitioners who need to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person