Supervisor Boot Camp
The WBA Supervisor Boot Camp will start on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
An Intense Focus on Succeeding at Managing Others
You don’t master the art of supervision through luck, you master it with training, experience, self-learning, and staying on top of best practices. As a supervisor, you must have the attitude, aptitude, skill set, confidence, persistence, and commitment to excel in this multi-tasking, challenging role. Supervisor Boot Camp will help you build essential traits such as leadership, professional maturity, and emotional IQ.
With this in mind, InterAction Training has designed a compelling, two-day dynamic, interactive workshop just for you! The program includes exploring the coaching and leadership skills that lay out a plan for your success as a highly effective supervisor. You will find this experiential training opportunity invigorating, motivating and applicable to managing and supervising others.
Fast-Paced * Information Packed * Results Oriented * Dynamic * Interactive * Engaging
This two-day program is exactly what you are looking for if your bank strives to keep supervisors on the competitive edge! You will work and learn, share and listen, and go back eager to implement and make a difference.
Speaker: Vicki Kraai, CEO, InterAction Training
Monday Agenda, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Assessing Your Supervisor Effectiveness
- Practice self-evaluation on 12 critical supervisory disciplines
- Learn how to capitalize on the strengths and overcome the trouble spots of your styles
- Learn how to interact effectively with other styles
- Make effective choices to be successful and effective in any situation
Motivating Yourself and Others
- Why do we do what we do, how to gain buy-in from your team
- Understand yourself and others
- Understand motivation
- Describe what constitutes quality work
- Explain Choice Theory
- Illustrate coaching techniques
- Express good questions using the WDEP system
- Discover the value of an Action Plan
Tuesday Agenda, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Excelling at Leading, Supervising & Coaching
- Help others achieve
- Address difficult or uninspired team members
- Manage resistance
- Coach with positive confrontation
- Solutions and creative alternatives to challenges you face
- Manage your job: prioritizing, setting goals, establishing standards, planning
- Relate to others: listening, organizing, communicating, giving and receiving feedback
- Develop your team: training, coaching, delegating, appraising, counseling and disciplining
- Think clearly: analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making and risk assessment
- Your Action Plan: Identify what needs to improve and building your improvement plan
Building Performance Plans
- Build collaborative performance plans with employees
- Consider the causes of employee performance or behavioral issues
- Understand the performance improvement plan process
- Identify the leader’s role during performance plan execution
Registration Information: The registration fee of $535/attendee includes program registration, instruction and materials, online DiSC assessment test, and daily lunch and refreshment breaks.