The Impact of Evolving Marijuana Laws on Your Institution
Are you up to date with federal and state laws and regulations related to the cannabis industry and marijuana-related businesses? The conditions are ripe for the rapid expansion of this once-invisible industry. Learn more with this lively webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Evaluate the current legal landscape of state and federal laws
- Understand the potential impact of marijuana laws on multiple operational areas
- Prepare a marijuana-related business due diligence plan
- Determine the proper alignment of policies and procedures
- Assess the benefit of third-party industry expertise
- Appreciate cannabis-related business best practices
Marijuana related businesses (MRB) are growing exponentially — as are the imaginations of entrepreneurs and competitors nationwide. The increasing acceptance of marijuana- and cannabis-related products, combined with flexibility within state legal systems, make it essential to understand the myriad impacts this changing landscape can have on nearly every element of operations.
From lending to deposit accounts to human resources to BSA, financial institutions must understand the landmines and embrace the opportunities presented by this growing industry. Whether you are actively engaged with MRBs or just looking for new growth opportunities, this informative webinar will provide much-needed answers. Join us for a timely overview of the current cannabis industry as it relates to financial services.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, managers, compliance staff, lending staff, deposit account managers, business development staff, internal auditors, and anyone involved with commercial account activity or MRBs.
- MRB due diligence checklist
- Cannabis banking resource guide
- Survey of state cannabis laws
- Recent regulatory guidance
- PDF copy of the slides
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PRESENTER — David A. Reed, JD, Reed & Jolly, PLLC
Attorney, author, consultant, and nationally recognized speaker, David Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed & Jolly, PLLC. He provides guidance to financial institutions on establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters, and corporate governance. His engaging speaking style has made him a nationwide lecturer on regulatory compliance, consumer lending, bankruptcy, and collections.
A former trial attorney and vice president and general counsel of a large regional financial institution, Reed is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is particularly known as an expert in the areas of operations, bankruptcy, and collections. He has trained state and federal examination staff on numerous issues, including BSA, ID theft red flags, SAFE Act, third-party contract management, and bankruptcy.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download