A Service Business
Banks are privately owned institutions that, generally, accept deposits and make loans. However, banks also provide many services to consumers and businesses:
- Checking and savings accounts
- Loan and mortgage services
- Wealth management
- Credit and debit cards
- Currency exchange
- Safety deposit box security
- And more
Vital to Economic Security
- Confidence in bank’s facilitation of billions of dollars in payments allows for the efficient flow of commerce in our state and across the nation.
- Through FDIC insurance, banks guarantee customer deposits are secure.
- Banks hold millions in municipal bonds and in loans to local governments to make public improvements.
- Households, businesses, and non-profit organizations entrust our banks to administer their money in fiduciary assets.
Benefits of a Banking Career
Whatever your role in the bank, the rewards are great:
- Competitive salaries
- Opportunities for career growth
- On-the-job career development
- A healthy work-life balance
- Stable hours
- Strong philanthropic values
- Leadership opportunities
- Multiple career paths
Countless Career Opportunities
- Agricultural Banking
- Banking Administration
- Business/Commercial Banking
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Mortgage Lending
- Operations and Business Management
- Legal Compliance
- Retail Banking
- Product Management
- Wealth Management
Wisconsin banks are equal opportunity, affirmative action employers. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A Banking Best Fit
There are so many opportunities to find your fit in a banking career. If you would describe yourself using any of these descriptors, a career in banking may be the perfect fit for you!
A college degree in accounting, finance, business, communications, economics, marketing, or computer science will assist applicants within the banking industry.
Make a Difference
Wisconsin bankers are active in their communities, investing time, talent, and resources to help others. Some outreach opportunities include:
- Offering scholarships to students
- Teaching financial literacy
- Providing services and gifts to people in need
- Supporting youth and civic programs
- Serving on boards and committees to provide leadership
Be a Banker
The banking industry offers stable employment, professional growth, rewarding work experiences, and the opportunity to help communities thrive.
Join the more than 30,000 Wisconsinites who have discovered a fulfilling career in banking!
Email email@example.com for a Careers in Banking brochure.