Advertising your financial institution’s products and services is not as straightforward as one might think. There are very specific things that an institution may, may not, and must say, depending on the type of product or service being promoted. Attend this session for critical tips to stay compliant.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between advertising requirements for open- and closed-end loans
- Use the CFPB’s Examiner’s Guide advertising checklists to create compliant advertisements
- Define what constitutes an advertisement
- Explain the use of required disclosures in advertisements for deposit and lending products
- Distinguish between advertisements that do and don’t trigger advertising disclosures
Are you confused about when an APR triggers additional disclosures in a loan ad, or whether you are required to include additional information in an advertisement for a savings account? This webinar will address the consumer protection regulations applicable to your institution’s marketing programs, including Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP), Fair Credit Reporting Act, insured accounts, equal housing lender, and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing and advertising specialists, auditors, compliance personnel, and other staff who help promote your institution to consumers.
- Advertising checklists
- Sample advertising policy language
- PDF copy of the slides
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
MEET THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 25 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download