The art of audit report writing demands far more than simply listing the four elements of a finding - criteria, condition, cause, and effect. Even adding a fifth element, the recommendation, may be insufficient. This boilerplate approach to writing can threaten independent, critical thinking and undermine the entire audit process, ultimately tarnishing the credibility of the auditor. Skilled auditors require a method that aligns what they experienced during the reviewing process with what they compose during the writing process.
This highly specialized webinar offers a deep and useful toolbox of techniques that auditors can use when noting audit observations, drafting objective workpapers, and composing well-structured, detailed, and fluent audit reports.
- Determine factors affecting the validity and reliability of a finding
- Assess the appropriate level of detail
- Create a department-specific template to facilitate the writing process
- Draft workpapers based on objective observations
- Employ formatting devices to improve the visual appeal of an audit report
- Choose fluent sentence structure to illuminate ideas
- Develop a precise, clear, concise vocabulary for documenting audit reports
Who Should Attend?
Managerial or auditing staff who write audit reports on programs or business units for internal and external clients or regulatory agencies.
Philip Vassallo, Ed.D., has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs for more than 25,000 executive, managerial, supervisory, administrative, and technical professionals internationally over the past three decades. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing. He has edited major reports for Fortune 500 companies, the US government, and the City of New York. He also writes the popular blog Words on the Line, which offers practical tips for developing writers. Dr. Vassallo has taught internationally, recently as a faculty member of the Beijing International MBA program.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395