Call Report Update 2024
This must-attend session will cover the ins and outs of consumer collateral from A to Z. Learn how to properly perfect security interests in all types of personal property and get the documentation requirements down pat! This thorough training will help you avoid mistakes and reduce loss.
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Understand which loan documents are legally required for each loan type
- Distinguish the proper method of perfection for each collateral type
- Identify when a co-signer or guarantor can be required for a consumer loan
- Explain which documents a borrower’s spouse can be required to sign
- Differentiate the responsibilities owed to a borrower, co-signer, and guarantor
Your financial institution must properly document its consumer loans and properly perfect its security interest in collateral. Making a mistake in the documentation or perfection process often results in losing the ability to collect against the consumer and/or the collateral.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all those involved with consumer loans, including consumer loan officers, loan operations personnel, tellers, service representatives, compliance officers, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
- Sample loan documentation checklist (list of loan and perfection documents necessary for each loan type)
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA – Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fast is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download