Cash Flow Analysis Part 2: Deeper Analysis, Balance Sheet, & External Factors
Dive deeper into the world of credit analysis. How effective is your stress testing? What are the red flags in a borrower’s balance sheet? How do external factors affect a borrower’s cash flow? At the end of the day, a loan’s structure impacts repayment. Do you have best practices in place?
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Better understand how the balance sheet impacts repayment risk
- Identify external factors unique to each borrower that can impact sustainable cash flow
- Identify secondary and other alternative sources of repayment
- Stress test the borrower’s repayment ability under different scenarios
- Appreciate the best usage of short-term and bridge loans, including their unique risks
- Understand how loan structure impacts repayment
This presentation will build on the topics discussed in Cash Flow Analysis Part 1. Assessing repayment ability is far more than just calculating debt service coverage. Do you understand the impact a borrower’s balance sheet can have on cash and know the red flags watch? In addition, this webinar will cover external factors that can impact a borrower’s ability to maintain cash flow, including a section on stress testing to help assess repayment risk.
In addition, this training will address short-term and bridge loans. Although done infrequently, they can cause significant losses if not underwritten and managed appropriately. Regardless of loan purpose, a poorly structured loan can mask repayment problems and collateral coverage and is often a characteristic of charged-off loans.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, credit analysts, credit department managers, senior loan officers, senior credit officers, loan committee members, loan review personnel, branch managers serving commercial borrowers, chief risk officers, and auditors.
- Checklist of balance sheet analysis to be completed
- Alternative repayment decision tree
- List of external resources for assessing potential impact on your borrower
- Checklist of short-term and bridge loan considerations
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering – RiverPointUSA LLC
Bob Viering brings over 35 years of banking experience to RiverPointUSA, where he concentrates on management and board planning activities, such as strategic, capital, and succession planning, de novo bank formation, assisting with managing regulatory agreements, loan review, and credit process assessment. He has served as a bank director and was an independent member of a bank’s audit committee.
Prior to becoming a consultant, Viering was a de novo bank organizer responsible for all regulatory filings, planning, recruiting, and also serving as CEO. He has been an advisor for other de novo bank formations. Earlier in his career, Viering held various management positions with large and regional banks, including market president and regional credit officer. In addition, he has managed deposit and loan operations groups and was a lender to local, regional, and international businesses. He has also served as a board member of state and national trade associations.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download