Consumer Lending Boot Camp
The 2021 WBA Consumer Lending Boot Camp will be held November 18-19 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday and conclude at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
About the Boot Camp
This program was developed to help bankers build the foundation and skills necessary to become a successful consumer lender or processor. Students will learn the process of basic lending and then put it into practice through various exercises and case studies. Students will gain the following from the program:
- Increased knowledge of the steps and analysis process involved in consumer lending.
- An understanding of the various types of consumer loans and their loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the various lending rules and regulations.
- Improved skills in determining customer needs through the interviewing process.
- The opportunity to learn from respected and experienced faculty members as well as peers.
- Preparation for future study at the WBA Residential Mortgage Lending School and WBA Loan Compliance School.
- Dynamics of Lending – understanding lending’s role in the bank and the importance of the lending decision.
- Lending Compliance – including an overview of regulations geared for new lenders.
- Lending Principles – a look at the 5 C’s of credit, understanding the credit report, understanding your bank’s loan policy, evaluation and quality assurance.
- Consumer Lending
- Types of consumer loans
- Application process and documentation
- Sales/relationship building
- Case study application
Who Should Attend: This program will provide fundamental instruction appropriate for loan officer trainees, loan support personnel, new lenders, branch managers, universal bankers, and personal bankers. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Registration Information: The registration fee of $495 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and all meals.
Refund Policy: A refund, less a $150 administrative fee, is provided for written cancellations received by WBA 10 or more business days before the start of a school. All requests for cancellations or substitute registrations must be provided in writing to WBA Education.