Excel Skills for Accountants – 2 Part Series (Basic & Advanced)
In this 2 Part series, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, explains basic and advanced techniques that can improve the integrity of your spreadsheets.
Each event in this series is 2 hours in length.
Excel Skills for Accountants – Part 1 (Basic)
March 20, 2023, 1:30 pm CDT
In this comprehensive webinar, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares applicable Excel fundamentals that will enable accounting professionals to achieve their goals.
What You’ll Learn
- Avoiding creating spreadsheets from scratch: use prebuilt templates or create your own
- Avoiding the need to write repetitive formulas using Excel’s Data Table feature
- Comparing the AGGREGATE function in Excel 2010 and later to the SUBTOTAL function available in all versions of Excel
- Eliminating the need to manually resize charts when data is added—automate this with tables instead
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify
- Improving the integrity of pivot tables by utilizing the Table feature in Excel
- Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function
- Learning how the Table feature empowers you to improve the integrity of Excel spreadsheets
- Learning what steps to take if you can’t open a damaged workbook
- Leveraging Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar to create a shortcut that enables you to filter lists with a keystroke instead of multiple mouse actions
Excel Skills for Accountants – Part 2 (Advanced)
March 31, 2023, 10:00 am CDT
The presentation leads off with disaster recovery techniques, followed by using lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH/INDEX, and XLOOKUP. The presentation then moves on to using Power Query to automate report clean-up and analysis, and then finishes out with using Excel’s Solver feature to identify two or more transaction amounts that add up to a specific total.
What You’ll Learn
- Accessing files closed without saving as well as interim back-ups Excel makes while you’re working in a workbook
- Contrasting the INDEX and MATCH combination to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Diagnosing #N/A errors that arise when numbers are stored as text or when text contains extraneous spaces
- Enabling a workbook-specific setting that will create an automatic back-up of critical workbooks
- Enabling Excel’s Solver add-in for more complex what-if analyses
- Exploring the XLOOKUP worksheet function in Excel 2021 and Microsoft 365
- Filtering cleaned-up accounts receivable aging report to display only overdue amounts
- Looking up data to the left or right of a given column with XLOOKUP
- Managing data security prompts that may appear when you link external data into Excel spreadsheets
- Matching on two or more columns of criteria at once with XLOOKUP
- Summing results from multiple columns with a single XLOOKUP function nested within a SUM function
- Tweaking Excel’s AutoRecover settings to raise the odds of recovering your work after an Excel crash
Who Should Attend
Professionals seeking to use Microsoft Excel more effectively.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. Ringstrom’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about Ringstrom, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $509
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $190
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $250
- Additional Live Access + $170 per person