Job-Specific BSA Training for Lenders
Can you name five important reasons BSA training must be provided for lenders? Can your program identify loan fraud? When are SARs required? This webinar will address those issues and more, plus provide the required BSA training lenders need.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify red flags for money laundering and lending risk factors
- Use sample questions for due diligence during the loan application process
- Understand the importance of BSA due diligence throughout the life of the loan, not just at application
- Explain the beneficial ownership requirements to legal entities applying for loans
- Distinguish between normal loan applicant activity and suspicious activity
BSA examiners are digging deeper and asking more questions about the lending function. Could an examiner find loan fraud that was missed by your due diligence process? Does your institution have a system for identifying false statements and identity theft attempts on loan applications? Do your lenders know such activities may require filing a suspicious activity report? Is your process for documenting beneficial ownership effective? Now is the time to ensure your lenders’ BSA training is up to par.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations, BSA officers, BSA staff, branch personnel, risk managers, compliance officers, and auditors.
- Customer due diligence checklists under the beneficial ownership rules
- Template to develop and update a risk profile
- Procedures template for identifying and verifying beneficial owners
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download