Performance-Based Compensation Strategies for Banks
Finding and keeping excellent officers is crucial to your bank’s success. This presentation will focus on performance-based compensation approaches that should be considered to attract and retain quality officers.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Assess senior management total compensation
- Design annual and long-term incentive plans
- Understand how to avoid risk in annual incentive plans
- Utilize different types and design features of equity grants
- Better understand supplemental executive retirement plans (SERP) and employment/change-in-control agreements
This presentation will examine the current compensation environment and address different performance-based incentive vehicles. You will learn the keys to effective and motivating cash incentive plans and what banks are using regarding equity-based/longer-term incentives. This session will incorporate applicable regulatory guidelines and updates surrounding incentive-based pay. Market data from Blanchard Consulting Group surveys and databases will be incorporated throughout.
Who Should Attend?
This insightful webinar will benefit senior management, directors, and human resources officers.
- Example compensation philosophy
- Sample annual incentive plan worksheet
- Summary of the Sound Incentive Compensation Policy regulations and how to assess risk within incentive plans
- Pros and cons of restricted stock versus stock options
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mike Blanchard is the CEO of Blanchard Consulting Group. He has extensive experience in human resources and has conducted or supported over 500 compensation planning, market research, and organizational development projects over the past 25 years, with over 20 years specifically for the banking industry. Blanchard has presented to various banking associations including the American Bankers Association, the Bank Director Annual Compensation Conference, and several state banking associations on a variety of compensation and board governance topics. With a master’s in advanced industrial and organizational psychology, his experience includes advising clients on assessing total compensation for executives and directors, incentive planning, equity plan design, salary administration, and performance management.
Matt Brei is president of Blanchard Consulting Group. He has been a compensation consultant since 2000 and has been exclusively focused on the banking industry since 2002. Prior to founding Blanchard Consulting Group, he worked at Amalfi Consulting, Clark Consulting, and Arthur Andersen. He takes a lead role with client engagements and focuses on identifying the unique compensation needs and concerns of each client. Brei’s areas of expertise encompass multiple disciplines within executive, director, and staff compensation. He frequently speaks at banking conferences and has written a number of published articles. Brei received a bachelor’s with a double major in accounting and business management from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download