In today's ever-changing, turbulent banking environment, it is important for bankers—especially those who have the potential to rise within the institution—to have a clear understanding of the bank as a whole.
The School of Bank Management will start on Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn on Friday, May 14, 2021 by 1:00 p.m.
The WBA School of Bank Management will provide bankers with:
- An enhanced understanding of banking as a business.
- Increased analytical skills and management techniques.
- A well-rounded understanding of critical banking functions, their interrelationships and the determinants of profitability.
- An opportunity to provide better customer service to internal and external bank customers through expanded knowledge and ability.
- An awareness of the changing banking environment.
- A self-assessment to learn your leadership style and find opportunities for growth and improvement.
- The Business of Banking - identifying components of the bank's balance sheet and income statement, key ratios and profitability analysis.
- Economics, Money and Market - introduction to monetary policy, understanding of yield curves and interest rates, and a look at economic trends and the impact of a rising rate environment.
- Understanding Your Bank's UBPR - identifying and understanding key components of your bank's Uniform Bank Performance Report.
- The Lending Function of a Bank - provide an understanding of portfolio growth and management, importance of documentation, lending's impact on the bank's balance sheet and income statement, and processes of analysis and spreading, pricing and funding.
- Bank Human Resources - outlines the functions and responsibilities of both the human resources department and key managers.
- Compliance Management & Bank Operations - introduction to the regulatory and examination processes, as well as overall bank operations and risk management.
- Bank Marketing - focus on the role of the marketing function in the bank's strategic planning and profitability.
- Retail Banking - understanding the importance of market research, product development, product pricing, and product delivery, techniques for effective customer relationship management.
- Asset/Liability Management - develop an awareness of the sources and uses of bank funds, and the factors that must be considered in effective management of bank assets and liabilities.
- Leader's Self-Assessment - creating self-awareness of your leadership/management styles and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Personal Strategic Planning - reviewing the curriculum and planning your goals and next steps of action for your return to the bank.
- Jay Coakley, President, Coakley Strategic Solutions LLC
- Marc Gall, Vice President, BOK Financial Institutions Group
- Jim Johannes, Aschbrenner Chair of Banking & Finance, Director-Puelicher Center for Banking Education, Wisconsin School of Business, UW-Madison
- Julia Johnson, Senior Manager, Human Resources Consulting, Wipfli LLP
- Vicki Kraai, VK Solutions LLC
- Rose Oswald Poels, President & CEO, Wisconsin Bankers Association
- Todd Sprang, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Who Should Attend?
This school has been designed for bank emerging leaders, management trainees, experienced bank managers who are new to the banking industry, and bankers interested in pursuing a career in bank management and leadership.
The registration fee of $1,395 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and lunch and refreshment breaks daily.
Click Register for additional school details and to register online.