BSA for Officers & Directors
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Recognize that the board is ultimately responsible for the BSA program
- Understand the examiners’ expectations
- Define money laundering
- Explain what it means to have a ”culture of compliance”
- Distinguish between OFAC, BSA, and PATRIOT Act requirements
This webinar will cover what senior management, directors, and officers need to know about the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), PATRIOT Act, and OFAC. Your institution has significant responsibilities for protecting the financial system from being used to launder criminal proceeds, finance terrorism, or conduct other illegal activities. The board and management are responsible for creating a “culture of compliance” when executing the requirements of the anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Find out why proper policies and procedures, internal controls, the appointment of a knowledgeable BSA/OFAC officer, funding, support, and training are critical to making your BSA, PATRIOT Act, and OFAC programs effective and successful.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for the board, management officials, other officers, compliance staff, and auditors.
- Executive summary of the regulatory requirements
- Checklist of policy requirements
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – COMPLIANCE PLUS, INC.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 30 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download